Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review: Charged

Charged Charged by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

1st I want to acknowledge "The Boys", I love the fact we got a gimps of Asa, Wheeler, Church, Zeb, Rome (loved he hinted at some regret in regards to Remy) and a nod to "The Girls" rallying together to help on of their own, They are not forgotten.

Avett and Quaid are polar opposites, But oh do they work. Avett is always gets into trouble and this time she ends up in jail after being mixed up in the bar robbery at the end of "Asa" #6 of Marked Men Series and Quaid is sent by Asa to bail her out. Quaid is on the straight an very narrow path in life, void of emotion and feeling. We say a bit of his sexy suits swag in "Built" #1 Saints of Denver Series when he was trying to get int Sayer's pants.
This happens in the same time line as Built so they cross path a bit, it's interesting to read the same scene from two books and from different POV's.
Quaid is so much more then he show on the outside and Avett is a breath of fresh air that strips him bare. He has to Redefine what is important, and what you want out of life... Material things, possessions, awards and accolades or the genuineness of badass man, his sprite, and boys?

Favorite Quotes:

"He looked like temptation and ruin, not salvation and redemption"

"You know better than to judge a man based on what he puts on his back. All that matters is that it's a strong back, one that can carry whatever load is stacked on top of it. I know I taught you better then that."

"To me the man seemed storm-proof, which meant he could survive me, the typhoon of tragedy I was inevitably going to rain down on us."

"I guess at the end of the day it's better to have nothing with the right person than to have everything with the wrong person, isn't it?"

Can't wait for Church's story, and more of Brite's Boys!!!!!!!!!







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment