Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Logan Kade By Tijan **Excerpt Reveal #2**







EXCERPT TWO 
 
 
“Get Logan,” someone yelled. 
 
Another girl asked, “Where is Logan?” 
 
I heard other people saying the same thing, but I focused on the girl. 
 
She raised her chin, and a warning flashed in her eyes. “Touch me. I dare you.” 
 
There were three of them, all tall and, not to be stereotypical, but they looked like 
 
preppy douchebags. Each was good looking, with bodies built like they rowed 
 
every morning for hours. They looked like money. It practically dripped from their 
 
clothes. Their jawlines were rigid enough to form glaciers. 
 
Their eyes were icy, too, as they stared back at the girl. They weren’t backing 
 
down. 
 
I broke from the crowd, planning to go stand next to her. But before I could move, 
 
the crowd broke in half. An actual opening formed, and Logan Kade strode 
 
forward. 

My foot jerked back into its spot, stepping back as he brushed past me. 
 
Kade stopped beside her, and the three guys turned their attention to him. They 
 
didn’t move or say anything, but the air shifted. It’d been dark and ominous before, 
 
and I still felt a battle brewing. 
 
“Kade starts fights, and he finishes them.” 
 
A low tingle went through me, warming me. I remembered what Jason said and the 
 
nerves/anger/excitement took on a whole other feeling. My mouth was almost

watering. I wanted to see what would happen. I wanted to see this Logan Kade in 
 
action, and for some reason, I was thirsting to see this fight.  

“Kade,” one of them grated out his name. 
 
Kade glanced at the girl, and then settled back on the spokesman. “What are you 
 
doing here?” 
 
“It’s a party. We were invited.” 
 
“And that’s why you’re facing off with Sam?” He moved forward a step. 
 
“We weren’t facing off...” 
 
Samantha folded her arms over her chest. “Yeah, right. You were just walking past 
 
me? That’s why you wouldn’t let me get past you to the car. We just ‘happened’ to 
 
block each other and you didn’t hear me when I told you to move.” 
 
A little laugh slipped from me. 
 
Kade threw me a sideways look. 
 
I should’ve clamped a hand over my mouth. I should’ve let them know I wasn’t 
 
involved, because really, I wasn’t. I didn’t know this girl. It wasn’t my place to say 
 
anything or join in, but I didn’t. A dark part of me had opened up, seeing that this 
 
girl might need help. I wanted something to happen. I was almost egging it on in my 
 
head and as Kade watched me, his eyes lingering, the dark part grew into something 
 
else. My body grew warm and my pulse started to pick up. It was like he knew 
 
what was going on in me, and I swallowed over a lump, because that wasn’t right. 
 
He couldn’t know. He didn’t even know me... 

But I felt like he did. I felt like he knew exactly what was going on in me, and a flash 
 
of anger flared up in me. I turned away. He could see inside of me, and that was too 
 
much. I didn’t want that so I slipped back into the crowd. As I pulled further away, 
 
enough so I wasn’t on the front line, my insides were still charged up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment